BannRamstein Air Base · KMC
The anniversary cross is right next to the Sickinger Forsthaus. It was built in 1913, initially without a fence. The suggestion was most likely given by Pastor Knauber in memory of the "Milan Edict" of Constantine the Great in 313, which granted Christians full religious freedom. The fencing with the metal fence did not take place until 1926.
At the entrance to the Rosental valley, on the main road towards Queidersbach and Kaiserslautern, there is the new St. Barbara chapel. It was inaugurated on October 14, 1900. According to old records, there was already a barbarian chapel. It was estimated to have been built at the end of the 17th century and renovated around 1730. After the chapel was pretty run down in 1899, after long, tough negotiations, the decision was made to leave the chapel and rebuild it.
Broadway Movie Theater in Ramstein
At Broadwaykino you can enjoy movies at six theaters with a total of 1.500 seats. All theaters are equipped with the most modern sound and presentation techniques.
Here you can see the latest movies in English while paying in dollars. The spacious lobby with a piano bar contributes to the perfect atmosphere. A huge parking lot with over 500 spaces is available as well.
Phone: 06371 937037
The first Celtic menhir (also known as Hinkelstein) is on the right on the way to the sports field. It consists of gray-yellow sandstone and has a height of approx. 120cm. The stone is slightly tapered at the top. The cross in the upper third was only chiselled in well after its creation.
The period of origin is not exactly known. But it can be assumed that it was created in pre-Christian times. The first documentary mention comes from a district description from 1732. The menhir was uncovered in early 2000. In addition, a sign and a bench were set up.
The second menhir is located northeast of the sports field, actually already in the area of the Kindsbach district. From the lower sports field (hard court) a path leads directly into the forest. In this way, after about 450m, before a long right curve, we reach a path turning left. We turn left and after a good 100m we reach a path leading to the right with a red maple leaf as a marking. On this path we reach our second menhir after another 100m.
The menhir is approx. 120cm high, 70cm wide, 40 cm thick and is slightly tapered at the top, which is not apparent at first glance. It could be that the stone was originally higher. Probably, like the first, this stone marked an old (scientifically proven) route from Kaiserslautern via the later Sickinger Höhe to Lorraine or served as a place of worship. Here you can also clearly see an embossed cross, which, however, was most likely made during the Christianization of this pagan cult site. Unfortunately, nothing is known about the period of origin of this second menhir either.
Cycle Route "Hausberg"
Radtour "Rund um den Hausberg"
The cycle route "Around the Hausberg mountain", which starts in the village of Bann, takes you through the village and past the Steigerhof forest house.
The 8 km cycle tour leads around the Hausberg mountain and is also popular with walkers. Since the route is not very steep, it is also often enjoyed with children.
Distance: 8.5 km
Ascent: 92 m
Descent: 92 m
Cycle Route Sickinger Mühlen
Course: Ramstein-Miesenbach - Landstuhl - Thaleischweiler-Fröschen
Medium to difficult due to the steep ascent onto Sickingen Heights.
- 29 km of agricultural roads and forest tracks
- 2 km of cycle paths
- 8 km on urban roads with no cycle paths
- 2 km on rural roads with no cycle paths
- 34 km of asphalt
- 7 km of crushed brick/stone surfaces
Distance: 40 km
Ascent: 552 m
Descent: 544 m
The six original washing or tapping stones on both sides of the fountain deserve special attention. These knocking stones still come from the Jacob's fountain, which was originally used as a washing fountain. As the name suggests, the laundry was knocked on the knocking stones.
The fountain has been presented in its current form since its redesign in 1968.
In 2015, the fountain was renovated from the ground up with the help of many volunteers and now shines in new splendor.
The fountain was opened to the public on August 11, 1968. Noteworthy is the coat of arms on the left, which was the reason why Bann won 3rd place in the competition "Our village should become more beautiful" in 1968.
The well-preserved stone cross stands on the sand hollow at the confluence with the gold hump. The Sandhohl is the upper part of the main road at the entrance to the village, coming from Landstuhl. It is believed that the cross was erected between May 20, and June 13, 1768 during the People's Mission to Landstuhl (which also included the surrounding towns). Hence the name Mission Cross.
Sickinger Forest House
The Sickinger Forsthaus was built in 1761 by the descendants of Franz von Sickingen in what was probably still a heavily forested area at the time.
It is artistically assigned to the group of Landstuhl manor houses of the 18th century.
The house corners are covered with strong pilasters with rococo capitals. Rich decorations can be seen above the windows.
The well-preserved rococo portal with shell decoration is remarkable. The front door has curly panels. The building is under monumental protection for a long time now.
At the foot of the Kahlenberg mountain
The spring of the Steinalb creek is on the Ziegelsteige, on the climb to the Kahlenberg. The source area was redesigned in 2000 and decorated with a beautiful sandstone that bears the inscription "Steinalbquelle". In addition, a new bench invites you to rest under shady trees.
Unfortunately, the first part of the stream was channeled a long time ago. So that the stone alb only comes to light in the vicinity of the restaurant "Zur Steinalb". The creek is only really visible at the bridge in Schulstrasse before it disappears under the ground shortly before the mire. In Sickingerstraße, near the Jahnbrunnen, we find the next bridge from where the Steinalb can be seen briefly. A few years ago a new bridge was built on the green area "An der Fahrt" from which we can see the stone alps for the last time in the village. Opposite the cemetery, the Steinalb comes to the surface again and heads towards the Steinalbtal.
On its way through the Steinalb valley the Steinalb creek flows through Queidersbach, Linden and Horbach before it flows into the Moosalbe creek at Steinalben. In the next town, in Waldfischbach-Burgalben, the Moosalbe flows into the Schwarzbach river. This flows through Biebermühle, Rieschweiler-Mühlbach, Contwig and Zweibrücken before it flows into the Blies river between Einöd and Blieskastel. The Blies flows into the Saar river at Saargemünd. The Saar in turn flows into the Moselle river at Konz. As is well known, the Moselle flows into the Rhine river in Koblenz at the German corner.
And the Rhine brings our Steinalb water to the North Sea ...
Swimming pool CUBO in Landstuhl
The Valentinus Church is built in the Gothic Revival style and was completed in 1883. The laying of the foundation stone for the construction of the Valentinus church took place on May 15, 1881. The sandstone for the construction was, with a few exceptions, broken in the quarry on the brick path. The topping-out ceremony took place on November 5, 1881. The completion of the shell is dated November 21, 1881. The final completion went through the whole of 1882 before the church was inaugurated on April 26, 1883.
Already in 1496 there was the first mention of an old Valentinus church with an adjacent cemetery on the current site of the town hall. It was demolished in 1886 after the new church was completed.
During a thunderstorm on Whit Monday 1890, lightning struck the church tower and caused a fire that only affected the tower itself. The 42 m high tower was restored at the end of September.
In 1978 the Valentinuskirche received a new organ. A large spotlight has been shining on the church at night since mid-2001. In August 2002, a headlight was also installed on the opposite side. So that the church is now illuminated from two sides.
At the Cemetery
The war memorial is located directly at the cemetery, which was erected in honor of all fallen soldiers from Bann in World War I and World War II. The memorial was inaugurated on June 30, 1929. The names of the fallen are immortalized on the right and left on the boards and on the sides of the stone pillar.