Kottweiler-SchwandenRamstein Air Base · KMC
5 corner stone
Distinctive Border Marking
The borders of the 5 municipalities Kottweiler, Miesenbach, Mackenbach, Schwedelbach, and Reichenbach-Steegen meet on this spot.
Catholic Church St. Elisabeth
Katholische Kirche St. Elisabeth
Uniform building assembly with rectory in baroque style,
Architect: Hans Seeberger, Kaiserlautern.
Year of completion: 1927/28
Community Bell Tower
A gothic sandstone ashlar masonry building.
Year of completion: 1894
Farm House Altenhof
Steinwendener Straße 9
This farm house is a renovated single-story former agricultural estate.
Year of completion: 1846
Reichenbacher Straße 66
The impressive building with a hipped roof formerly accommodated the school.
Year of completion: 1870/80
Lower Mill Kottweiler
Untere Mühle Kottweiler
Steinwendener Straße 32/33
The mill depicts a typical building assembly for the second half of the 19th century. Today it is the agricultural estate „Seibert“.
Middle Mill Kottweiler
Mittlere Mühle Kottweiler
Steinwendener Straße 30
The cylinder mill Munzinger is a four and a half story mill building established after 1930. The residential house remains in original condition from 1897.
Rest spot "Michelsruhe"
Kottweiler path crossing in the forest „Ameisenwald“, park bench next to large sandstone
Around the turn of the 19th/20th century, the woodcutter Michael Holzhauser acted as the forestry master of Kottweiler. He had a legendary reputation and was already an institution in the community.
In 1912, the community had an attentive idea to honor his 60th birthday: On the same spot where Michael Holzhauser passed by almost every day and used to take a rest, a memorial stone was built: the 'Michelsruhe'.
Tomb with Angel Statue
Grabmal mit Engelsfigur
Tomb Kneller, estimated origin in the 1920s.
The tank is a sandstone ashlar masonry building from around 1900.
The section is also named “Fünfwundenkreuz” (five wound cross) and was erected around 1861 and renovated 1982 thanks to donations of the MGV Kottweiler-Schwanden.