Links of interest
The internet can prove invaluable when it comes to finding the much-needed information you are looking for. Many U.S. Government agencies, German public authorities, and public offices now have informative websites you can utilize.
Please note: Not all online services are trustworthy. While searching on the internet beware that some websites may contain misinformation. A thoughtful assessment of what you read is key to finding the correct information you are looking for.
Check who is responsible for a website by looking for the “Impressum” link (on English pages of German websites you often see Imprint or Legal notice). Websites published in Germany are legally required to have an Impressum, so if you are suspicious about a website and it does not provide this information, it is best not trusting it.
On the other hand, websites provided by government agencies, authorities and offices are particularly trustworthy. Below, we have compiled a list of websites you can access worry-free:
German-American Institutions & Clubs in Rheinland-Pfalz:
- German-American Community Office Kaiserslautern
- Atlantische Akademie Rheinland-Pfalz e.V.
- Window to Rheinland-Pfalz
- Host Nation Council Spangdahlem e.V.
- German-American and International Women's Club Kaiserslautern e.V.
Official German Government websites:
- State Government of Rheinland-Pfalz
- German Federal Government
- German Federal Foreign Office
- German Federal Ministry of the Interior
- German Federal Office for Migration and Refugees
- German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure
- German Environmental Protection Agency
- German Missions to the United States
Other helpful German websites in English:
- Deutsche Welle (DW)
The Deutsche Welle broadcasting service is financed by the government of the Federal Republic of Germany, with a mission to produce independent TV, radio and internet broadcasting. It constitutes one of the largest public broadcasting stations worldwide that reports news from Germany and all over the world in English.
“Deutschland.de“ is a portal published in several languages. It offers current topics regarding German culture, knowledge (science and education) and politics as well as links to related portals. Basic information on Germany is complemented by topical dossiers (e.g. Human Rights).
A multilanguage portal offering up-to-date information about all aspects of modern life in Germany – business, culture, education and research or politics.
The national tourist board is funded by the German Federal Ministry for economic affairs and energy. It provides tourist information on vacationing in Germany, conference venues, shopping or ideas for young people: consult the German National Tourist Board website for all this – and much, much more!
Official U.S. Government websites:
- Ramstein Air Base
- Spangdahlem Air Base
- U.S. Army Garrison Rheinland-Pfalz
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Germany
- U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Germany for Military Families
- Military OneSource
- 86th Force Support Squadron – Ramstein
- 52nd Force Support Squadron – Spangdahlem
- Army Community Service - Kaiserslautern
- Army Community Service - Baumholder
- United Service Organizations (USO)
- Ramstein Officers Spouses Club
- Ramstein Enlisted Spouses Association
- Spangdahlem Officers’ and Civilians’ Spouses Club
- Spangdahlem Spouses & Enlisted Members Club
- Ramstein AB Spouses
- Ramstein/KMC Spouses
- Spangdahlem Spouses
- Spangdahlem AB, Spouses
- Baumholder U.S Military Spouses Group
Military Newspapers, Magazines & Networks:
- Stars & Stripes Europe
- Kaiserslautern American
- Find it Guide
- American Forces Network Kaiserslautern
- American Forces Network Spangdahlem